St. Johns is looking for committed people to join our growing team. The following positions are available:
POSITION: BUILDING ENGINEER
Reports to: Property Manager
Job Summary: The Building Engineer manages all aspects of the operation of the building(s) and serves as the primary point of contact & face of St. John Properties with all tenants of the building(s).
- Address all tenant concerns, issues & complaints in a professional & timely manner
- Maintain a cordial business relationship with all tenants in building(s)
- Make sure all building systems are working properly.
- Police grounds and interior common areas daily
- Supervise and coordinate all contractor work within the building
- Cooperate with and help TI personnel
- Manage access control system
- Control and operate building HVAC system
- Coodinate any elevator maintenance and repairs needed
- Perform minor maintenance and repair tasks, i.e. change light bulbs
Roles and Responsibilities: The Building Engineer is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of their building(s). This role is also responsible for keeping good tenant relations. The Building Engineer works closely with the Regional Partner, Property Managers and Leasing Agents.
- Associates Degree or Higher
- HVAC certification preferred
- Ability to perform work in a safe manner
- Knowledge of routine building maintenance and repair techniques
- Ability to read and perform arithmetic computations
- Ability to read site plans, schematic drawings, and building plans.
- Ability to use hand tools
- Ability to use power tools
- Must be able to work in all types of weather
- Must be able to set up, take down and climb extension ladders to perform roof work
- Necessary to be on site to perform job duties
- Regular attendance onsite is an essential function of the job.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and is subject to change periodically.